*Please note: Only applicants that fulfill the following with be considered for this role:
- Must speak Portuguese fluently.
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- Must have event industry sales experience.
Position based in New York City, NY.
Universe is growing fast and we’re seeking an ambitious, bright, and forward-thinking Account Executive to help us close more clients. Your main objective will be to increase Universe’s client base (i.e. event organizers) within our East Territory (Latin America). You will work with your team lead and territory team members to identify market opportunities, prospect new clients, and close deals across the region. You will manage multiple accounts focused on events across a variety of industries and be the thought-leader on how Universe can best suited their event needs.
- Responding to prospective clients’ emails and phone calls
- Scheduling and conducting meetings with qualified leads
- Onboarding new clients, negotiating contracts
- Understanding Universe’s technology and value propositions
- Keeping Universe’s U.S. Sales management informed by maintaining accurate records within Salesforce.com
- Providing Universe Product team with key insights into customer needs
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish or Portuguese.
- MINIMUM of 1 year of direct sales experience, sourcing leads, closing deals, managing relationships, etc…
- A creative, solution-oriented sales person with the ability to uncover customer needs and suggest the best Universe solution for their event goals
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and results-oriented to achieve goals
- Deadline-driven, detail-oriented, self-starter who can identify new and creative ways to support sales in your territory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous sales experience and proven track record of exceeding targets
- Self-starter and true entrepreneur at heart
- Strong business sense and understands technology and how to efficiently use it
- This is a full-time paid position. Competitive base salary plus commission
- 10 days paid vacation, 2 personal days, 5 volunteer days, 5 sicks days, etc
- We'll provide you with a Macbook Air
- Full health benefits plan including medical, vision and dental
- 401k plan with company matching (2.5% of additional free money)
- Free tickets to Ticketmaster / LiveNation shows, unlimited access to LiveNation amphitheatre venues, 2 tickets for each of LiveNation owned festivals, and more
Universe is leading platform for people to discover and host events all over the world. Founded in Toronto in 2011, our online ticketing and marketing technology is the preferred choice for a community of 32,000 event organizers globally. We provide organizers with the tools they need to sell tickets, promote and manage their events.
In 2015, Universe was acquired by Live Nation Entertainment, and has continued its rapid growth, doubling the size of the team since the acquisition. Today we have a global team with offices in Toronto, San Francisco, New York and the UK.
We're a team of passionate problem solvers that care about shaping the future of the event industry. Together, we build, experiment, grow, learn, discover and ship high quality products to thousands of customers.